When to drive without a driver's card?
As a general rule, you should never drive without a driver card when you are subject to drive and rest time regulations.
However, there are two exceptions, which will be described below.
These are situations where the driver card is either:
- Damaged/broken or
NOTE: These exceptions only apply if the driver card is/was still valid and has not expired.
If the driver card is no longer valid, you must order a new one and you may only drive again once the new driver card has been received.
When the driver card is damaged:
You can still drive if your driver card is damaged/broken.
- However, this requires that you:
Immediately order a new driver card at borger.dk and tick 'Replacement':
- Every day make a printout/strip from the tachograph before and after driving
Watch the videos:
When the driver card is lost:
You can still drive if your driver card has been lost/stolen.
However, it requires that you:
- Report your driver card lost/stolen to the police. Remember to save the receipt.
- Immediately order a new driver card on borger.dk and tick 'Replacement':
- Every day, make a printout/strip from the tachograph before and after driving.
BEFORE driving without a driver card:
When driving without a driver card, it is important to fill out the printout that you print from the tachograph.
On the replacement, write the following on the back:
2.Driver card number/Driver's license number
AFTER driving without a driver card:
After driving without a driver card, a new strip must be printed from the tachograph. On the back, write:
1. Any information about the driving (Driving time, Other work, Break)
3. Driver's license number/Driver's license number